45 Years in the Making: George Brown College Alumni Exhibition
Curated by Amanda Henderson, Valerie Brown, Gillian Lie
May 1, 2013 – May 24, 2013
230 Richmond Street East
Toronto, ON, M5A 1P4
Call for Entry Deadline: March 22, 2013
To all George Brown College Jewellery graduates:
We invite you to apply to “45 Years in the Making”, the showcase for Alumni work. The intention of the exhibit is to explore the depth of goldsmithing skill and talent demonstrated by GBC Alumni. We would like to exhibit work that represents your present one of a kind or limited edition work.
This exhibit will be held at GBC’s School of Design. This exhibition will run during the Toronto International Jewellery Festival and the Society of North American Goldsmiths Conference, Meta-Mosaic 2013. This will be your opportunity to reveal your work to our goldsmithing community at large!
For more information about these events, visit http://www.tijf.info and http://www.snagmetalsmith.org/conferences/meta-mosaic
Please note that there will be an opportunity to show work via photography. Therefore, if you have work that is sold but you have professional level photos of it we will also accept those for submission. The work that is selected for the show will be for display only and not for sale. However, all exhibitors will have their contact information made available for the public.
Conditions of Entry
· The call is open to all Alumni of the George Brown College Jewellery Diploma program(s)
· Wearable jewellery or objects for body adornment will be accepted for review
· Each applicant can submit up to 3 works (NB: not all pieces may be chosen) for one fee of $30
· All work and photographs must be accompanied by applicants full name and contact information (this is the information that will be made available to the public); as well as year of graduation, and photo credit information.
· Alumni whose work is exhibited in the show grant permission for their work to be photographed; and understand that images (either their own or the exhibitions) may be used for promotional purposes
· All exhibitors are responsible for insuring their work for the entire duration of the exhibition, including shipping to and from the show.
· If work is to be mailed back, a self-address, postage paid package must be sent with piece.
· Deadline: Entries and payments must be received by March 22, 2013, 5 pm. Initial entries via photograph ONLY.
· Notification of Acceptance: all applicants will be notified via email regarding the status of their submission by April 1, 2013
· Delivery of work: all pieces/high resolution images must be delivered by April 20, 2013. Mailing address with be sent with confirmation.
· Dates: the exhibition will take place from May 1, 2013 to May 24, 2013
· Opening reception will be held on Friday May 3rd, from 6pm to 9pm
· Work will be shipped or available for pick up (at GBC School of Design from 12 noon to 5 pm) on May 24th Entries
Email entries to: email@example.com
Make payment to same email through http://www.paypal.com
· Photo(s) in web quality (500 x 500 pixels and 72 dpi) Name files with your last name and picture number (to correspond with the picture number on the application form).
(Example: Smith1, Smith2, Smith3)
· Completed application form
· Payment through PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org (Payment must be received by March 22, 2013 at 5pm in order for entry to be considered)
Click here for the application form